Combination of items

Is there a feature that you would like to see added to Enuuk Auction Platform?
bamse

Combination of items

Post by bamse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:41 am

It would be good if there was an option to combine items in sets and sell them together for one price (in one auction). For instance if I want to sell a table, four chairs, tablecloth, cutlery.... together as set, I would currently have to put all descriptions and images in one offerDetail page, which can be confusing as item descriptions are not directly connected with images anymore.

This feature could work like:

1) simply a modification to the View (and a tiny bit in the upload part) by having an offerDetailsStandardSet page and subpages for each item in the set which are linked to from the offerDetailsStandardSet

2) More involved, by allowing existing auction items to be combined into sets, e.g., individual items are for auction and the set is for "buy now".

RWAP
Site Admin

Re: Combination of items

Post by RWAP » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:22 am

That is quite an interesting idea.

Just thinking about this would work.

Are you suggesting the following:
a) I have four individual listings of items
b) You can have a 'set' listing which links together (in some way) the four individual listings?

The problem is, what happens if one of the items starts having bids on it (or sells separately) - or are you thinking of this as being buy it now only for multiple LOT items?

bamse

Re: Combination of items

Post by bamse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:37 pm

I understand your question refers to "2". I think something like this example could work:

I have four items as standard auctions (4 auctions). And I have a "buy now" for the set. If somebody uses the "buy now" all four auctions are automatically closed. In this situation the "buy now set feature" should only be active until the first auction ends at most. Once one of the individual items sells, the "buy now set feature" is closed. To simplify things one could restrict it to have "sets" only for items with the same end time (and no auto extension), but that is not essential.

I think some other combinations of buy-now/auction could also be possible as long as the set is made inactive once one of the individual items sells.