Google maps down - FIXED IN V3.4

bamse

Google maps down - FIXED IN V3.4

Post by bamse » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:53 pm

It does not happen often, but sometimes (like at this very moment) google maps cannot be accessed. This breaks the javascript with : "Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined" Is there a way to prevent this?

RWAP
Site Admin

Re: Google maps down

Post by RWAP » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Ah - that may explain why I had an error which Enuuk could not replicate here - so I thought it was down to my code.

Have a look at:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=283

Could you then please report it to Enuuk support, so that they can fix it in the next version.

bamse

Post by bamse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 am

Not sure I understand. The thread you link to applies to the situation where google maps is not enabled, while I had this problem with google maps enabled.

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:40 am

True - but the change to the global.js should work in this circumstance also - as it just checks whether google is defined first :)

bamse

Post by bamse » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

I added the

Code: Select all

if (typeof google !== 'undefined') {
}

per [url]http://www.enuukforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=283[/url] and all is fine, except for safari which cannot load any offerDetail page anymore (just blank page appears).

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm

That suggests that you have broken the javascript somehow - right click, and use 'Inspect Element'. then look in the console tab - you may need to reload the page.

Are there any errors shown?

bamse

Post by bamse » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I only have access to tablet style macintosh products, so right clicking is kind of tricky....

Or is there another way to get a safari console on iphone/ipad?

Just realized there is/was also safari for windows, so will try this.

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 pm

bamse wrote:I only have access to tablet style macintosh products, so right clicking is kind of tricky....

Or is there another way to get a safari console on iphone/ipad?

Just realized there is/was also safari for windows, so will try this.
If not, PM me a link to your site and I can have a look for you.

Actually, if you can figure out how to get a safari console on iphone/ipad, I could do with someone looking at some code I have on a development site - it includes a pop up box, with a simple countdown timer in it (which appears on 2 pages). Sometimes it works on both pages, at other times, it will work fine on one page, but the countdown does not start on the second page - and sometimes, the countdown timer just will not start counting.

Really weird - but without an iPhone / iPad or development tools there is no way of tracking what is happening as none of the consoles in Firefox, Opera, IE, Google Chrome or Safari (running on Windows) reports any issues and in fact it works fine on them (and on Android!)

bamse

Post by bamse » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 am

Somehow the problem magically disappeared, so I can access the offerDetail pages from safari. Perhaps google changed something!?

As for error console, I used firebuglite on iphone and it gets me some kind of console.

From what I understand with iOS pre version 6, there was a console included with safari. Since iOS 6, this has been removed in favour of the "Web Inspector" feature where in order to get a console you have to connect your i-product to a macintosh laptop/pc via usb and can work from there.... So much for user friendliness.