enuuk phpAuction ProLink

General Discussion about the commercial Enuuk Auction Platform
RWAP
Site Admin

enuuk phpAuction ProLink

Post by RWAP » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 pm

It looks as though phpAuction have now added details of the non-obfuscated version to their website - called phpAuction ProLink - see http://www.enuuk.com/phpAuction%20proLink

Presumably this is the same as the Enuuk MarketLink, except that it incorporates all modules, and is non-obfuscated - but does it vary from the Enuuk 2.11 ??

How does the current price of $1760 compare with the original Enuuk price I wonder?

bamse

Re: enuuk phpAuction ProLink

Post by bamse » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Hm, looks like a (somewhat expensive) v2.12 to me.

Looking at the "highlights" the differences to v2.11 seem to be:
  • more payment gateways
  • some addition to the invoicing system
  • share button
not sure what they mean by "open source"...

...nothing that I would get excited about, but might be useful for other people.

It used to be possible to get free updates/upgrades with their support plan (100 USD per year as far as I remember). I'd be curious, whether this includes the renamed phpauction products....

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:37 pm

The highlights listed are:

* Payment gateways integrated for Auction administrator PayPal, Google checkout, Amazon Pay, Authorize.Net, 2Checkout, Marcado pago.
* Different Account types seller, buyer or selected sellers
* Pay as you Go & Invoicing systems 2 different ways to collect fees from your users. (already implemented in v2.11)
* Google Analytics integration (already implemented in v2.11)
* Object-oriented code programming following coding standards and auto-testing system (already implemented in v2.11)
* "Share" buttonLet the user mail, print or send to Facebook (already implemented in v2.11 - presumably this is just the Addthis plugin)
* Google maps localization (already implemented in v2.11)
* Adult only auction (already implemented in v2.11)
* Open Source (already implemented in v2.11)
* Flexible (already implemented in v2.11)

The only extra payment gateway appears to be Mercado Pago- a mexican payment handling solution

There is an odd new account type : 'selected sellers' - I am not quite sure what this would apply to - I can't see anything related to this in the admin backend of the demo site.

There is the new facebook application plugin, which just appears to be a means of obtaining basic registration data from your facebook account - it would be interesting to know if the application posts any information on your facebook wall though !!

Open source - I presume they just mean that there is access to all the source code !!

The rest all seems to be the same as Enuuk v2.11 (although modules have been split out and can be activated or uninstalled from the admin backend).

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Link to ProLink is now:

http://www.enuuk.com/

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:19 pm

sunniva wrote:I have updated these without issue - so long as you steer clear of jQuery v1.8+ - that changes the way some structures are implemented and when I tried it, my site didn't like it...

That may of course change with time, as issues in the new jQuery are found and fixed
I too tried jQuery v1.8 and found that there were problems with my javascript - although I see the latest is v1.10 (or even v2.0 if you don't mind it not working on IE 8 or earlier) - there is also a migrate plugin which may help with code which does not work on jQuery v1.9 and later - see http://jquery.com/download/