Home page does not refresh - Need help

General Discussion about the commercial Enuuk Auction Platform
cvpani

Home page does not refresh - Need help

Post by cvpani » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:26 pm

On my test site I have set up a penny auction. Created two users and sarted placing bids. We thought the home page will automatically refresh after the set configuration time i.e. 20 sec to refresh the home page. Thought the recently placed bid will automatically updated to the other users but we find only timers ticking but the bid price is not changing for other usres. What should I do get the home page refresh and see the updated bids automatically.

RWAP
Site Admin

Re: Home page does not refresh - Need help

Post by RWAP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 pm

I have not come across any bugs in the home page refresh code - you may need to provide a link to your site, so I can have a look - pm me if you want to keep the website address secret for now, or else ask phpAuction's support.

The refresh uses ajax code, so it is whether that is set up properly on your server, plus the timer issue, really - you may find that your server is not supplying the response within 20 seconds - try increasing the time to 60 seconds and if that works, then you know it is down to the speed of the response..

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I have moved this topic to "General Discussion" as it makes more sense to be there

cvpani

Post by cvpani » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm

My site. Create a penny auction and login as different users use ie and firefox and place bids. Expected behavior is when one the user places the bids the home page of the other user should refresh and bid amount should reflect. This is not happening.
following are details of my server. Thanks for you help.

http://115.248.17.76/enuukAuctionBase

Buyer - 1
UserName: vamsi
password: testing1

Buyer - 2
UserName: suresh
password: testing1

Seller:
UserName:techos
password:testing1

admin
UserName:admin
password:testing1

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi - it would appear to be linked to your .htaccess file - as the Ajax call to get the updated information:

GET http://115.248.17.76/enuukAuctionBase/index.php?v=JSON

reports 301 - Moved Permanently and is returning just the home page, rather than the JSON information.

Does your .htaccess file end with:

#Global entry point
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.php)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule . index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Otherwise, you will have to contact phpAuction support and raise a support ticket on this issue - it may be down to something peculiar on your server.