Page 1 of 1

Classified Directories

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:24 am
by RWAP
We have searched for various classified directories where you can submit your listings.

Google Base is a site where it is free to submit your listings - our SEO mod includes the tools to generate the feed for this - see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9#p9

Most other sites require you to pay per click (CPC) for everyone which you drive to the site. It may well be that the better solution here is to create a feed which the sellers on your auction site can then submit themselves for their own items, or possibly include as part of the webstore fee - what model would people prefer?

A good low cost classified directory is Global-Free-Classified-Ads.com - you can pay just £15pa and that allows you to upload as many listings as you like, from a Google Base feed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Classified Directories

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:55 pm
by cynic-
Since enuuk platform uses RSS, it may be useful to post your site to RSS directories, for example http://dir.yahoo.com/rss/dir/index.php

Re: Classified Directories

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 am
by RWAP
cynic- wrote:Since enuuk platform uses RSS, it may be useful to post your site to RSS directories, for example http://dir.yahoo.com/rss/dir/index.php
It's just a shame that Yahoo no longer accept free site listings $299 per annum is quite steep for the amount of traffic which Yahoo attract compare to Google.

Re: Classified Directories

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 am
by cynic-
RWAP wrote:It's just a shame that Yahoo no longer accept free site listings
didn't know that, fortunately, there are plenty of free RSS directories out there. I know some in French but I guess it's the same for English language :roll:

Re: Classified Directories

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:34 am
by localwhois
RWAP wrote:We have searched for various classified directories where you can submit your listings.

Google Base is a site where it is free to submit your listings - our SEO mod includes the tools to generate the feed for this - see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9#p9

Most other sites require you to pay per click (CPC) for everyone which you drive to the site. It may well be that the better solution here is to create a feed which the sellers on your auction site can then submit themselves for their own items, or possibly include as part of the webstore fee - what model would people prefer?

A good low cost classified directory is Global-Free-Classified-Ads.com - you can pay just £15pa and that allows you to upload as many listings as you like, from a Google Base feed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
thanx for sharing website :)