German language pack

Details of modifications which users can incorporate within Enuuk Auction Platform free of charge
senorb

German language pack

Post by senorb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 am

Good morning,

i'm looking for a german language pack for enuuk auction. Can I download it somewhere or someone from the board has one he can send to me.

RWAP
Site Admin

Re: German language pack

Post by RWAP » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Unfortunately, I only have the original Enuuk distribution's Spanish, French and Portuguese files.

It is hard work to maintain the language packs to take account of updates, and unlikely that people would offer them for free.

Realistically, you need to pay a good quality translator, who may need to see some of the strings in context on the site.

Some of the work can be cut down by doing the following:

a) Go through the English language strings in one of the po files - some strings are very similar - can they be improved or wording changed to cut down on the number of strings requiring translation?
b) A few strings in Enuuk end in space - this is bad, as they may be repeated elsewhere on the site without a space (and the translator may miss the need to add a space at the end!) These spaces ideally need removing from the PHP and adding to the HTML side of the theme.

We should have another thread on these strings and where they appear!

c) There should be no need to translate the strings used in the admin backend, so realistically, POEdit needs only update the database from:

class\
class\Action
themes\default

(I don't know whether it can be set to ignore class\Action\Admin - does anyone else know how to do this?)

This reduces the total number of translations considerably.

RWAP
Site Admin

Re: German language pack

Post by RWAP » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Well spotted - the German language pack was added in v3.5 of Enuuk :)